DGMM II Call for Experts
DGMM II - Support to the development of institutional capacity of the Directorate General for Migration Management of Turkey (DGMM II)
The project “Support to the development of institutional capacity of the Directorate General for Migration Management of Turkey (DGMM II)”, is a UK-funded project, designed to contribute to the development of the institutional capacity of the Directorate General for Migration Management of Turkey (DGMM) and further enhance its operational capacity. The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is responsible for the management and implementation of the project.
A new Law on Foreigners and International Protection came into force in Turkey in April 2013. In addition to regulating entry and stay conditions of foreigners in Turkey as well as all matters related to international protection, the new Law also established the DGMM which became operational in April 2014, as Turkey’s new specialised migration management authority.
The DGMM II project aims to provide support in further institutional development and enhancing operational capacity of the DGMM in carefully selected areas related to irregular migration, regular migration and international protection, including temporary protection.
List of key areas to be covered by the project
- Forced return procedures with charter flights
- Determining criteria and procedures for issuing visas (on matters under DGMM’s competence)
- Support the establishment of a national assisted voluntary return mechanism
- Readmission procedures
- International Protection, including temporary protection
- Risk analyses and management related to migration flows.
A number of experts will be contracted to support ICMPD in providing the DGMM technical assistance, conducting desk research, take part in expert consultation and drafting workshops as well as in trainings and seminars organised for DGMM staff, related to the areas covered by the project as listed above.
The involvement of experts will include:
- Drafting assessment and recommendation papers
- Preparing background materials, support documents and presentations related to assigned project activities
- Participating in project activities organised in Turkey.
- Expertise (practical and/or academic knowledge and experience) in one or more of the topics and sub-topics mentioned in the listed topics above
- Experience in institutional development and capacity building
- Experience in revision and development of internal procedures
- Training and facilitation skills
- Excellent oral and written English, knowledge of Turkish will be considered an asset
- Regional experience and knowledge will be considered an asset.
Experts interested to take part in the DGMM II project, are kindly invited to apply through sending their updated CV and indicating their area of interest to the following email address (dgmmII@icmpd.org).
Experts' CVs will be added to the DGMM II expert roster, which is an internal tool that will be used solely for the purpose of DGMM II activities. The CVs will be selected from the roster in order to facilitate a proper recruitment of experts to work on specific DGMM II activities.
Download the PDF announcement.