Migration Management Programme in Turkey Call for Experts
ICMPD Migration Management Programme in Turkey
The eSRAC, PREDOC and READMIC projects are designed to contribute to the further development of the institutional capacity of the Directorate General for Migration Management of Turkey, enhance its operational capacity in the area of migration risk analysis and management, strengthen its travel document and visa control capacity, and support the implementation of the EU-TR Readmission Agreement. The projects are funded by the United Kingdom and the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is responsible for the management and implementation of the projects.
Background and Objectives:
A new Law on Foreigners and International Protection came into force in Turkey in April 2013. In addition to regulating the entry and stay of foreigners in Turkey as well as all matters related to international protection, the new Law also established the Directorate General for Migration Management of Turkey which became operational in April 2014 as Turkey’s new specialised migration management authority. ICMPD has been implementing projects in Turkey, focusing primarily on topics related to migration management and policy development, but also lending support to the establishment and capacity development of DGMM as an institution. The eSRAC, PREDOC and READMIC projects aim to provide support to DGMM in establishing a capacity in DGMM for conducting migration risk analyses and pre-departure travel document and visa control systems in country of origins as well as train DGMM staff on the effective implementation of the EU-TR Readmission Agreement.
List of key areas to be covered by the project
Support the establishment of a Strategic Risk Analysis Capacity at the Directorate General for Migration Management (DGMM) of Turkey (Short title of the project: eSRAC):
- Conduct a needs analysis for the establishment of a migration risk analysis capacity at DGMM
- Prepare a comparative study on institutional migration risk analysis models of EU MS
- Prepare a recommendation report for DGMM on determining the required steps for establishing and enhancing the migration risk analysis capacity
- Conduct a need analysis for introducing a pre-departure travel documents and visa control system in selected country of origins
- Prepare a comparative study on similar models and procedures put in place by other countries in country of origins
- Develop recommendations for the establishment of a pre-departure travel documents and visa control model that could be applied by DGMM in selective country of origins
- Develop a training curriculum for DGMM staff on the implementation of the EU-TR readmission agreement, including topics related to EU readmission policies, experience of EU MS on implementation of readmission agreements with third countries, and
- Provide training to DGMM staff on legal and procedural aspects of the EU-TR readmission agreement <br>
A number of short term experts will be contracted to support ICMPD in conducting desk research, preparing comparative studies and recommendation papers on the thematic areas covered by the projects listed, and participating in trainings and workshops organised for DGMM staff as lecturers.
Desired profile of Experts
Practical and/or academic knowledge and experience in one or more of the topics mentioned in the listed topics above
- Experience in institutional development and capacity building
- Experience in developing work procedures, revision and drafting recommendations
- Training and facilitation skills
- Excellent oral and written English knowledge
- Regional experience and knowledge will be an asset
Procedure for expression of interest:
Experts interested in taking part in projects listed above, are kindly invited to apply by sending their updated CV and area of interest to the following email address (dgmmII@icmpd.org ).Experts' CVs will be added to the expert roster, which is an internal tool that will be used solely for the purpose of these projects.The CVs will be selected from the roster in order to facilitate a possible recruitment of experts on a short term basis as consultants to work on specific project activities. The exact duration of engagement will be determined separately for each activity.
A PDF of the announcement can be downloaded here.