Q&A for Call for Proposals

Under this section, you can consult all the questions and answers that arose during the validity of the Call for Proposals.

 

I. WHO CAN APPLY?

Are eligibility requirements the same for both MPF Calls for proposals?

The eligibility criteria for applicants are laid down in the respective Guidelines for each Call for Proposals and may vary from a call to another. Both Calls for Proposals require the lead applicant to be a public body of an EU MS while non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and other private law bodies can be part of the consortium as co-applicants. International organisations can only be co-applicants in the case of an application submitted under the Pilot Projects on Legal Migration Call for Proposals. We invite all potential applicants to consult the relevant Application Package.

Which countries are eligible?

In the case of the MP/CAMM Call for Proposals, Actions should target MP and/or CAMM countries to be eligible. When a proposal targets one or more MPs, only public bodies of EU MS that have signed the respective MP(s) can apply as lead applicant.In the case of Pilot Projects on Legal Migration Call for Proposals, Actions should target the geographical scope described in the concept note.

 

II. FINANCIAL PROVISIONS

Is it possible to apply for an Action involving more than one fund (AMIF, ISF-Police, ISF-Borders and Visa)?

Financing from more than one fund per action is not possible.

How to get informed on the remaining available amounts under each fund (AMIF, ISF-Police, ISF-Borders and Visa)? Information of awarded grants and remaining available amounts under each fund will be published on the MPF webpage on a regular basis.

Would the financing of EU Member States’ actions under MPF come from allocations to their national programmes within the AMIF, ISF-Police, ISF-Borders and Visa Funds?

No, funding of actions implemented under MPF comes from the allocations for Union actions.

What does 95% co-financing rate mean? Which are the eligible funding sources for the remaining part of the budget not covered by MPF?

Each Action can receive a maximum contribution of 95% of its total eligible costs. Thus, the total requested funding cannot exceed 95% of the total eligible costs of the project. The remaining 5% has to be covered by the beneficiaries and may take the form of:

• beneficiary's own resources (in-kind contributions are accepted as co-financing); or

• financial contributions from third parties

Which Action tasks may be subcontracted?

 Subcontracting of action tasks is subject to special rules:

•  it may only cover the implementation of a limited part of the action;
• it must be justified as regards to the nature of the action and what is necessary for its implementation;
• it must be clearly stated in the proposal;
•  the beneficiaries must ensure the best value for money and avoid any conflict of interest.
Core tasks of the project may not be subcontracted. The coordinator may not subcontract, or delegate to the other beneficiaries, any part of its tasks (including project management tasks). For more details, please consult Article 1.6 of the General Conditions;

Can academic mobility (and related fees) be considered eligible for funding in the context of a pilot project on legal migration?

The pilot projects on legal migration explicitly focus on facilitating labour migration schemes. Yet, academic training may be able to contribute to addressing labour shortages and filling skills gaps in both EU and third countries. Academic mobility is therefore not excluded from eligibility and could be considered for funding in project proposals.

 

III. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS AND EVALUATION

In what cases should an entity provide a letter of support from a relevant central authority?

A letter of support is required when an applicant is not a central governmental body. Such letter is also required for all co-applicants coming from a country different than the one of the applicant. These requirements are only applicable to proposed actions under the Pilot Projects on Legal Migration Call for Proposals.

 

Download the Q&A - MPF Calls for Proposals as PDF.

 

 

 

   

Downloads

 

Contact

ICMPD Brussels Mission
Rue Belliard, 159
1040 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 233 11 60
Fax: +32 2 231 14 30
Email