On 18-19 October, ICMPD's Director General, Michael Spindelegger, concluded his first visit to India, marked by a series of high-level engagements and bilateral meetings aimed at exploring opportunities to deepen ICMPD-India relations on migration and mobility. He had the pleasure of meeting ICMPD’s Member States and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) over the two days.
About the initiative
The MPF became functional in January 2016 with the aim of contributing to operationalising the external dimension of EU migration policy and its specific political and operational instruments.
The Global Approach to Migration and Mobility
The MPF offers a framework for enhanced, tailor-made dialogue and cooperation with partner countries through granted Actions covering the four thematic priorities of the GAMM:
- Better organisation of legal migration and fostering of well-managed mobility;
- Preventing and combatting irregular migration, and eradicating trafficking in human beings;
- Maximising the development impact of migration and mobility;
- Promoting international protection, and enhancing the external dimension of asylum.
EU MS and partner countries can:
- Establish and further advance mutual operational and political cooperation;
- Expand cooperation networks, including at expert level, through peer-to-peer approaches;
- Deepen their understanding of the institutional realities and migration context;
- Tap into EU financing in order to meet their cooperation priorities;
- Build synergies with other actions funded by the EU and other EU MS.