The Support Programme to the Tunisian Government in the field of Integrated Border Management (IBM Tunisia III), in its third phase, is funded by the Republic of Austria, the Kingdom of Denmark and the Federal Republic of Germany, and provides for the continuation of the support to national agencies in charge of border management.
The third phase of the programme continues the contribution to the expansion of operational rooms (regional and local) of the three Tunisian border agencies (DGFE, DGGF and DGD), as well as the expansion of the "Smart Gate" system of the Tunisian Customs.
The achievement of the programme objectives is structured through the implementation of three compone
The overall programme contributes to the National Border Security Strategy of the Republic of Tunisia, aiming to modernise and build capacity within the Tunisian authorities; to improve good governance by promoting border security, stability and regional cooperation; and to facilitate trade and promote the movement of people and goods.
- Support the main Tunisian border agencies and strengthen their training capacity in border management in an inter-agency context.
- Support the development of IT capacity to accurately and instantly communicate the security situation at borders.
- Support Tunisian customs in facilitating customs formalities. Strengthen the institutional and internal training capacity of the three main Tunisian border agencies.
The programme will support the achievement of these objectives through the implementation of the following three components:
- Establishment of two inter-agency border management training centres.
- Extension and modernisation of the networks of operational rooms of the three border agencies.
- Expansion of the Tunisian Customs Smart Gate System.