The Training Institute on Migration Capacity Partnership for the Mediterranean, held its first Governing Board meeting on the 7th of April, 2022. Chaired by Malta, the event took place online with the presence of representatives from ICMPD, donor and partner countries, observers, and EU agencies.
To contribute to building migration capacity partnerships by establishing a permanent and accredited regional training institute offering quality-assured, bespoke learning and coaching experiences that result in certification for migration actors.
- Provide access to quality, cost-effective training designed to transfer the methods, tools and approaches to respond effectively and proactively to the emerging migration priorities both at the national and regional level;
- Promote and foster an organisational environment that values development, dialogue, joint initiatives and multilateral cooperation;
- Leverage technology resources and tools to improve and enhance workflow efficiency.
The Training Institute provides physical, virtual, and support services to learners in order to provide them with the best learning experience possible.
- An accessible (including for those with disabilities), state-of-art training facility for in-person learning fully compliant with Health and Safety Regulations;
- A combined computer-based teaching and distance learning classroom;
- A comfortable break room;
- Access to both physical and electronic libraries of custom-made, quality assured learning products and reference material.
Accreditation by the Malta Further and Higher Education Authority
Document Examination Essentials
Level EQF/MQF: Level 4
Qualification Type: Award
Mode of delivery/attendance: Face-to-face/full-time
Hours of total learning: 25 hours (Contact: 18 hours/Self-study: 5 hours/Assessment: 2 hours)
Duration: 4 days
Target group: Personnel responsible for initially checking the validity and authenticity of secure documents
Language of instruction: English/Arabic
Address: Training Institute on Migration Capacity Partnership for the Mediterranean (MCP Med TI), Development House, 4A, St Anne Street, Floriana, Malta.
Secondary School Certificate and Profile SSC&P (MQF Level 3) or a secondary education leaving certificate (High School certificate) from the country in which the participant has completed his/her studies. Proficiency in one of the operating languages of the MCP Med TI is a pre-requisite (English, French or Arabic)
- Act autonomously within official regulations
- Detect potential impostors
- Assess the validity and authenticity of secure documents
- Take responsibility for the initial decision to submit the document for further examination
- Demonstrate communication, science and technology, learning to learn, and interpersonal competences
- The concept, threat and detection techniques of imposture
- Facts and principles related to secure documents, their different types and uses c) The method to examine a suspect document
- Different types of substrates
- Characteristics of mechanical printing techniques
- Characteristics of personalization
- Commonly used additional security features
- Apply the imposture detection technique
- Correctly use basic document examination equipment
- Efficiently apply the document examination method
Mode of teaching
- Practical exercises
- Plenary discussions and Q/A
- Attendance (10 points)
- Practical Application (20 points)
- Final examination (70 points)
Pass rate: 60%
Dates for next intake: N/A
Educational programme fees: N/A
Registration method: N/A
Opening Ceremony (15/12/2021)
Always be a driver of Partnership, Accessibility and Quality.