Internships at ICMPD provide an opportunity for students and recent graduates to obtain hands-on experience working in an international setting, and across a broad range of thematic areas.
As an international organisation, we believe that it is vital to invest directly in developing the skills and knowledge of future experts in the field of migration.
To that end, we welcome applications from those pursuing (or having recently obtained) an undergraduate or post-graduate degree, or additionally from young professionals looking to switch careers. ICMPD has also worked with a number of academic institutions to provide Erasmus-based internships and work experience during the course of study.
Please see below for all internships currently available with ICMPD. Should you wish to apply, please follow the instructions detailed in the vacancy.
Posting Date: 02/09/2022
Deadline for Applications: 16/09/2022
Duty Station: Vienna, Austria
Start Date: 01/10/2022
Contract Duration: 3 Months
ICMPD and the Directorate of Migration Dialogues and Cooperation:
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 19 Member States and over 70 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 400 staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
The MDC Directorate takes a leading role in the development and implementation of technical assistance and capacity development projects. It contributes to strengthening international cooperation and partnerships by coordinating ICMPD’s secretariat activities for numerous migration dialogues.
The MDC Directorate brings together all ICMPD-supported migration dialogue secretariats, the Regional Offices (RO) namely West Africa, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, the Mediterranean, the Silk Routes and Western Balkans and Turkey and thematic programmes, Anti Trafficking as well as Border Management and Security.
Function and Objectives of the Internship:
For the duration of the internship, the Intern will support the MDC Directorate and the MDC Director’s office with related activities focusing on project development and resource mobilisation. The Intern will also support in administrative and operational matters as applicable.
The internship position offers the opportunity to support the Directorate’s effort to effectively coordinate and report on the project development pipeline as well as to contribute to identification of funding opportunities and development of new and innovative projects and programmes. The intern will gain experience in administrative and operational matters as applicable.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Carry out data collection and prepare reports on ongoing project development efforts within MDC
- Carry out opportunity monitoring, and conduct research on donor strategies, programmes and funding opportunities to identify new opportunities
- Contribute to donor and partner engagement through preparation of meetings, communication and documentation
- Support MDC donor coordination efforts via collecting data and updating One Place coordination space
- Support in preparing inputs to briefs, background papers, presentations, speeches relevant to resource mobilisation and project development
- Assist the MDC Director’s Office team as needed – operationally,logistically as well as content related.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Recent graduate or ongoing university study/studies in international relations, law, development studies, economics, social or political science, or related field
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency in standard office software (word, excel, etc.)
- Affinity for migration issues, understanding of major developments in the migration sphere is an asset.
ICMPD offers a monthly fee of EUR 500,00 and will provide accident insurance for the duration of the internship. However, travel expenses will not be reimbursed and Health insurance is the responsibility of the incumbent.
The internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with ICMPD.
PLEASE NOTE: An intern is not a staff member of ICMPD. An intern who is a non-citizen of the country in which the duty station is situated is responsible for obtaining any necessary visas and for complying with local laws regarding registration with the local authorities.
Interested candidates are requested to email their application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated above. Applications received after the published deadline, will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applicants are expected to be available for a personal/telephone interview.